Sunday 19 January 2014

Preliminary Magazine - Evaluation

How does your prelim represent particular social groups?
With it being a 'school magazine' it is aimed at all four years that  combine to make up the school (10-13). there are over 2000 students which gave a large in school audience to aim my preliminary magazine at. However, this means that my magazine will not be relevant to anybody outside of the school facility. It is more specifically aimed student that struggle with certain aspects of school life, as they will be more interested in the help that the magazine will offer them. This means that it will be broadly aimed at different social groups except those a a 'geeky' social group as they would not need help in any educational aspects.


Who would be the intended audience for your product?
My preliminary magazine is marketed at the population of the school, with upcoming events, clubs and news as well as the main feature being advice and tips on how to survive school. My magazine will attract a wide range of students as organised ones will want to read about important upcoming events, and the less organised ones will read the help columns.


How did you attract/address your audience?
I used a very expressive face for my model on the cover as it grabs attention very easily, however his expression is 'worried' to give the idea that it is for students who are worried or need help. The colours I used are very simple so it does not look overcomplicated connoting the idea of easy advice for students. Also it will gain interest from older students who are taking exams and need tips and advice.


What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
For this magazine I used Photoshop to construct it, which was a very hard skill to develop, but was worth doing. Once I had become familiar with the layout, it became a lot easier. With my own knowledge as other peers in my class, we all became efficient on the software which was a massive help. This allowed me to create a realistic preliminary magazine that could be sold to students, however some aspects where not up to standard. For my real piece, i will ensure I develop my skills to make it look as professional as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment